Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moved

Well, god bless america, we are moved. I use the word "moved" loosely since OUR stuff is indeed in this NEW place, but that doesn't mean it has to be unpacked....right?

My mom came up Friday to help me clean which was amazingly helpful. She left Saturday morning and Ryan had 3 guys from work come help us move which was also amazing. They work at a furniture distribution company, so they were fabulous movers. I told them I was keeping track of errors like they do at their work, but I haven't found anything broken. Way to go boys! I wish I would have taken pictures yesterday of the packing job they did. We loaded up 3 trucks, a trailed u-haul, and a 10-foot trailer. Boy, was it a sight to see! I tried to take a picture, but it was SOOO humid out that my camera fogged up right away and it wouldn't work.

So, this is what I faced this morning (keeping in mind that, again, we are not getting new carpet for another approx 2 weeks which means that we can't unpack in any of the rooms other than the bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen. cool.).

Exhibit A:



I went to the grocery store today and was pleasantly surprised to find it very Woodbury-ish. OK, OK, Ryan and I are slightly intimidated by living in Brooklyn Park (aka Crooklyn Park or another one, right Christy?). Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore! So, what I've realized is that if we stay North of 85th Avenue, we are golden. We will enter our neighborhood from 610 and never enter anything that resembles "the hood". So, that said, my grocery store experience was wonderful as was the lovely drive-thru Caribou I encountered. :)

Here's where I'm at as of right now:



Things are looking up....



...just don't look over on this side of the kitchen. haha. :)



A couple more things:
1. The dog is beside himself. He just does NOT understand what is going on and WHY all of our things are in this place. He has been literally under our feet the entire past 24 hours and given the fact that boxes and stuff are also underfoot, it hasn't been "cute". OK, so he's kind of cute. :) He hasn't been left here alone yet, so I'm super curious/anxious to see how he will do tomorrow on his own.
2. We met the neighbors. Kids names are Hixton and Madden. I had to write them here so I'd remember. THese kids reputably peek in windows, so it's a good reminder to keep the blinds closed tight, huh?

WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD? :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice Sarah! Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, hilarious. I loved the 'just don't look over here picture'. Just kind of like the backseat of your car. Or wait, any square inch of your car other then the drivers seat, and that's not even guaranteed to be empty.

    And I hate to even admit what my reference was for Brooklyn Park. But, since I didn't come up with it...I can say it, right? Like, this is just what I've heard...

    Okay, I can't even bring myself to say it. It's racist.

    But something ryhmes with park...and it's not light...it's...ok. got it?

    ReplyDelete