Sunday, February 28, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

...and so it is with my maternity leave.

Tomorrow it will be officially OVER. The working part-time gig I've been doing the past 2 months has been fantastic and I'm a little nervous about what is ahead at this point. The main kicker? Friday I got an email from the daycare person I had picked (and received confirmation from...and scheduled out for the whole month of March...) saying that she couldn't actually take Conley anymore due to limits with her license (or lack of the license I suppose). Bummer.

So, what is a girl to do? I'm not sure. I cried and called Ryan. Told my mom she had to move up here. Neither helped. I still don't have daycare lined up, but I do have a few leads.

How in the world am I going back to work FT tomorrow without daycare you ask? Well, this is the point to be extra grateful for this job that allows me to work with my boy. It is hard, it is exhausting, but boy oh boy am I lucky. I DO NEED DAYCARE, but only for a couple days a week for now. And not this week. One day at a time right? Yikes-a.

So, it is just crazy to reflect on the past 3 months and what a different world I'm living in. I went from THIS...



...to this...



...to this...



I can't believe we've had this little man for 3 whole months and at the same time I feel like we've had him forever. I even mentioned to Ryan yesterday that I feel like a real person again...no weird aches and pains and strange body things (sorry...TMI). Let's not jump the gun and assume I'm forgotten about the traumatic experience known as LABOR, but I don't shudder quite as much when I think about it...and Conley might get a brother or sister in the next decade....maybe.

I have a (huge) pile of folded baby laundry in front of me and I remember the days before he was born when I would wash them with the special baby detergent and fold those tiny little things. Now, these (huge) piles have items that need to be added to those that have already been packed away from him outgrowing them. Such a big boy.

Love, love, love him.

So, off to work we go tomorrow. (Hi-ho, hi-ho).

And now the need for mommy-Conley PTO days begins. My goal is once a month.

Because as much as I'll try, I know the hustle-bustle of work days will leave me wishing he'd be napping too often and rushing us around a little more than I'd like. I need those vacation days to stop and enjoy these moments.

1 comment: