Friday, January 22, 2010

New Moms

Still at my parents'. Ryan comes back today!

A couple of days ago, I believe I was washing bottles in the kitchen sink. I PROBABLY was still wearing my pajamas even though it was afternoon and it was PROBABLY Ryan's football t-shirt with spit up on it (since I had changed out of my own shirt with spit up on it).

My dad, also standing in the kitchen, says, "Now I see why new moms get depressed."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

It MIGHT have been the pajamas, the fact that Conley had been pretty needy that day, or the fact that my dad is pretty far removed from the newborn stage (he looks back and tells my mom that I never cried as a baby. ha!).

But, I'm not depressed. I'm a new mom! I don't think he was saying I was, but making a generalization, of course.

If I was depressed, I certainly wouldn't be blogging about it; instead, I find humor (and maybe a little bit of pride?) in that comment. That's right--I wear spit up like a badge of honor and change daily from pajamas to pajamas and this week in particular I am car-less which leads me to feeling a bit stir crazy. BUT, I'm a mom and even though I feel like I'm up all night and sometimes I don't know if when he cries he is actually hungry, or if he is crying for another reason, when he breaks out in that big ole' smile, I can't help but fall in love all over again.

That same day, I believe, I read this blog and decided that maybe it would be a good idea to go out and get some fresh air, so I did borrow my mom's car that night and make a jaunt out for dog food (exciting, no?) while I left Conley with Grandma and Grandpa. I haven't reached that point yet, but I know it is looming at some point, and I love that blogs let us talk about it as being ok.

And, finally, a picture of the little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment