Friday, June 12, 2009

Appt

We got to hear the little bugger's heartbeat again today. :) That was #2. Appts are so quick and we really don't have many questions. BUT next appt? ULTRASOUND! YAY! Can't wait! I'm calling to schedule the appt but it should be in 3 1/2 to 4 weeks....woo-hoo! Then we will (try to) find out if we're having a boy or girl. THEN the fun begins!

After reading "Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy" I have been freaking out a little. It seems to give the realistic view of pregnancy and labor which is freaky. So, today I brought it up at work to the girl who lent it to me (who is expecting baby #3). She continued to give me the low down dirty truth such as not bonding with baby right away, feeling horrible, wondering why you did this in the first place, etc. Then, another older lady at work ran back shaking her finger at us because SHE had a fabulous experience with labor and delivery (as did one other innocent bystander) and she did not want me to have to hear such horrible things. According to her, it is all about mindset. She said she went in with her mind made up that 1) her water would break, 2) she'd go into labor and have to push, then 3) she would have a baby....and that's what she got. SOOOO, moral of the story: I'm going to try to start thinking positively....and not freak myself out...

Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment